Sunday, August 25, 2013

Drained!

Aging!!  Yikes...who wants to think about that?
I felt it Friday evening... I remember when I could play an hour concert, with few minutes of break, running on adrenalin and being hyper as a deer afterwards.  It takes focus!  Now it takes focus, rest, and a great pair of glasses!
After the first four choral pieces of everything from gospel/praise to Romantic (Fauré), I cranked up the pipe organ, shaking a few people out of their seats with the first chord (fff) especially the choir which sits right in front of the organ pipes. Sorry for the scare...
About 1/3 into the Bach Prelude and Fugue I thought to myself, "What are you doing?" but not for long.  The focus came back and everyone was happy with the results.  I got a lot of compliments, hugs and recounts of emotions from the enormous wall of sound you can get from the Bach/pipe organ combination.
I must admit that it wasn't too long, and therefore it suits my abilities and most people's listening pleasures.  If you want to hear it (again) you can certainly find it on youtube:  J. S. Bach's Little Prelude and Fugue in G major.
As I sat down afterwards to hear the brass, I was still a-buzz, but when I stepped up to the piano for the final 3 choral pieces...  I was drained.  I was aware of it through the first half of the first piece, but then I turned into a focus machine.
I wonder if that has any carry-over into the knitting world?  Say, focus on details, stitch patterns...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...