Thursday, June 26, 2014

Laced Vest

Yay!  My daughter approves!  However, tweaking required.
Years ago...5?  I bought Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino with the intention of  knitting something for baby...  Baby no more, but the feel---yumminess, and ever so pale faded rose, had to be something girly for sure.  One day, last year, I was intent on stash busting and I found this pattern in my library that would be the right weight for this yarn, and I'm so glad I did.
The faux lacing up the front makes it look feminine.  Reading other comments on Ravelry, many said it was too short.  Oddly, the pattern has the lower ribbing knitted as an after-thought, which made it easy to lengthen.  I added inches once I had my recipient nearby.  The original indeed was well above belly-button.
 Correction in the pattern:  The eyelets on the front were not symmetrical.  I had to drop stitches and knit up one column of eyelets to make them the same distance from the centre as the opposite side.  I made a note of it on my Raveley page.
Pattern:  #09 Laced Tank by Karen Garlinghouse from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2009 Yarn:  Baby Cashmerino by Debbie Bliss Sport / 5 ply
55% Wool, 33% Microfiber, 12% Cashmere
137 yards / 50 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...