Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend Activities

A long weekend:  Thanksgiving!  But I didn't let it get in the way of knitting...
The trip to the LYS on Friday increased my stash.  Surprised?
I had two patterns with me and then I bought yarn for a third pattern instead.  The pattern is from Elsebeth Lavold Book 14.  My she has a lot... It's for a pattern called Dylan and is a cardigan that is knitted from cuff to cuff (sideways).  When I first bought the pattern (a year or so ago--before Juju was born) I bought some cable cotton to go with it, and now as I take out the cable cotton every few months... not happy.  It's too thick for a little girl, but now I think I can make this pima work.

DK / 8 ply
100% Cotton


Aran / 10 ply
100% Cotton

Coming home I made the decision that I shouldn't wait to finish my cardi to send to Norway, and instead, I suddenly got the urge to knit mittens for little hands to go with the bonnet from last year.
Voila`!
There's a little girl on one of the mittens.  Somehow I think that might be handy in distinguishing between right and left. (?)  Basic mittens...

Here's the bonnet which is plenty big, along with Mommy's poncho and knitted hat.  (Gosh, I was busy last year too.)  Photo:  March 14, 2010.
Yarn: Jil Eaton Minnow Merino by Classic Elite Yarns Aran / 10 ply 100% Merino

WIP to FO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...