Saturday, November 6, 2010

New Stash Items

Isn't this exciting???
The exciting part for me was to be introduced to possum fur being added to wool (merino). And even with the horrible reputation of possum, and the tiny hairs that sprout from the yarn, and the shedding (which I ignore and dang it, I refuse to even acknowledge), I love the feel.  You gotta try it.
Here's Touch, made in New Zealand:  Merino Wool 60%, Possum Fur 30%, Nylon 10%, approx 420 metres, 3.75 mm needles recommended.  Produced by Touch Yarns Ltd. I've already used it for my headband.  Kept my ears toasty! No other plans...

Two skeins of tan, and one black
 Waikiwi  Prints by Naturally Hand Knit Yarns (Auckland, New Zealand). 55% NZ Merino, 20% Nylon, 15% Alpaca, 10% Possum, 4 ply, and machine washable. 50 grams=approx. 181 meters, and recommended tension is 28 sts per 10 cm on 2.75-3.25 mm needles.
I've already started socks THREE times with this yarn.  I'm looking for the perfect pattern.  Not high on my priority list before Christmas, but my third attempt is the Eunice pattern by cookie a.
Sock yarn in Pattie's favorite colors
 This is a purchase from a "It's a yarn shop--gotta support you!"  And it's the colors that were bundled that snagged me.  I'm seeing a colorful cardigan.
Made in New Zealand by Ashford (with a website of great pictures that makes you want to drop everything and fly to NZ).  Each ball is 100 gm Pure New Zealand Wool, 200 meters, 8 ply, recommended 18-22 stitches on 7US-8US (4.5-5 mm).
 Lastly, yarn bought for a specific project!  Yes, it happens but mostly when my daughter is by my side, and insists on buying.  She knows she loves "Sublime" and that was just a bonus since the display model of a little girl's "tiered" cardi was the seller.  The pattern is Allegra by Sublime.
Made in Italy for an English company, this baby cashmere merino silk dk is 75% extra fine merino, 20% silk, 5% cashmere, 116 meters/50 grams and recommends 6US (4mm) needles for 22 sts/10cm.
I'm looking forward to knitting this cardi, however, the sizes are quite large, so I have a year or two. STASH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...