Wednesday, April 24, 2019

From the past

I was so lucky to find kind people, like Mette, who contacted people and arranged for me to meet with my friend's niece.  And then Kaja (the niece) who took an afternoon off from moving to show me the family cabin I visited 45 years ago.
Here is a mix of photos from 2018 (summer) and 1973 (winter-long hair!).

Walking in to the cabin
Cabin - doubled in size from 45 years ago
Tea time


The fireplace is original

Games while it snowed

Sun after a dark winter 1973 (who are these people?)

Mick and Laila, going places or maybe cleaning the rugs

Easter egg coloring contest winner!

Enjoying the view

Kaja fetching water from the well, with just the right tool
A visit after 45 years with niece of our friend from the past. When we were there in March of 1973, there was snow so deep, this was unrecognizable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...