Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Knitting...fuzz and miles

I manage to put my feet up now and then, and I finished a fuzzy little cardigan, which I would call a bolero, except... mohair-bolero?  It's a beauty, and just right for a late summer evening, or air conditioning!
A delicate "Swiss dot" pattern.
Pattern:  Audrey's Cardigan by Andrea Pomerantz from Interweave Knits, Spring 2010

Yarn:  Superior by Filatura Di Crosa Lace / 2 ply
70% Cashmere, 25% Silk, 5% Merino 330 yards / 25 grams
Meanwhile, I have been attracted to a pattern called Yggdrasil, for a blanket.  And finally I bought the yarn.  YAY for July, 35% off DROPS cotton yarns... and my, 1.2 kilos of cotton yarn, oh my!  Daunting, I haven't started yet.  It's a start-in-the-middle square pattern.  All one colour... I can imagine how long this is going to take. And the grumbling in the future.
There are 44 balls of 50 grams.
Pattern:  Yggdrasil Afghan by Lisa Jacobs from Knitting Daily Free Patterns

Dear USA friends, no, I'm not trying to be cute with my British English spelling.  The keyboard I'm borrowing is set up that way and auto-corrects me, and instead of trying to change it, and get in trouble, my Canadian fans will have to translate for you!  LOL 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Honey! 88 cotton ends?!😱
    The bolero is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are living the life!! You will never want to come home. Enjoy it while you can.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...