Monday, January 13, 2014

Gothic Spire Socks


Intricate design which would be very much appreciated in a solid color, but my thing is color AND design...
Confession:  My daughter isn't fussy...  If she wasn't wearing these right now I would be removing a chart repeat from the leg of the left one.  Alas, it is an inch longer because I followed the pattern, and the pattern/chart is a "yarn eater".  I normally would get two socks from 384 yards, though I know 400+ is best, but there are wrapped stitches...and they are bulky and warm...and (second confession) I'm not entirely sure how it would unravel if I were to cut it open. And then what kind of mess would I have kitchener'ing it back together?  I love my daughter. She's not fussy in the best way!
Pattern:
Yarn:
Happy Feet by Plymouth Yarn, Fingering / 4 ply
90% Merino, 10% Nylon, 192 yards / 50 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...