Wednesday, December 19, 2012

How to avoid confusion?

Answer:  Don't put things down.
Have you ever knitted something part way?  (No, I always finish a project before starting something new.)
Have you ever looked at your list of "hibernating" projects (on Ravelry-- what a sobering list) and decided to finish something?   (No,  I always finish a project before starting something new.)
Have you ever looked at a half-finished project and thought, "What the...?"  Where was I?  This doesn't look right! #%#@$^&#**  Why didn't I mark where I was in the pattern those many months ago? (Oh, yeah,  I always finish a project before starting something new.)
It took me awhile, and I wasn't interested in something new, and granddaughter is arriving soon, so I picked up the pieces, and... BRILLIANT!  There was a sticky note on the pattern indicating an approximate starting point...whew!  Could have been a melt-down.
Will it be assembled in the next weeks?  Hmmm, experience tells me it is unlikely!!!
First cast on December 22, 2011, when I knew my granddaughter wouldn't be near for Christmas.  It's all different this year!

2 comments:

  1. Very clever! Sticky notes - a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little project! And yes I do that all the time. The problem is that normally I don´t put a project into hibernating status unless there was something not going well so it makes it even worse when I pick it back up again.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...