Friday, March 6, 2015

On my needles

Yummy, little stitches... of a pattern I'm making up as I go.  
First, I buy the yarn.  Can't resist:  When at WEBS, most things are yummy.  And the color, "Byzantine", is a coppery red.  It's Madeline Tosh Merino Light, and I bought it having no plans. Then one day, last November, I couldn't keep my hands off of it, so I started a shawl with a beautiful lace pattern.  Other projects got started and finished and in January I picked up a second skein and started this project.  I "was" using a pattern, for the sleeves, but the bodice was too lacy, too open for my liking, and it took a friend asking about a stitch dictionary (which I had forgotten I had) that made me open my Stitch "Bible" and select this motif.  It will need a camisole underneath, and will be perfect for chilly weather.   HURRY!


Two sleeves done, and 1/3 of the back.  One of three projects I have on needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...