Saturday, November 5, 2016

Shetland, day 1

Our trip: 10 days in Iceland (brutal north winds and rain every day, like winter!)
Then 3 days in Scotland (one rainy day, but lots of sun and activities, and like a mild Fall).
Then:

Arriving in Lerwick, Shetland Islands, where we were back to a crisp late Fall.  The seasons are changing as we move.  Spending 6 days here, and my first experience driving on the left in 18 years.  Because Pattie had to make the ferry to reach her workshop/class on another island, I was left to fend for myself in our rental.  This is what I saw when I got to the ferry to Whalsey.  Gone.  But 1-1/2 hours to knit, think, rest, and ....geocache until the next ferry.
I started to explore a bit.  
I was intrigued by... everything!  I was SO wishing I had Pattie with me so I wouldn't be exclaiming to MYSELF!
And finally the ferry arrived, and ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...