Thursday, December 3, 2015

New top - Finch's Wings

A fun pattern, and a fun story behind it. 
First yarn, then pattern, then four months later a change in yarn as my mind imagines something else.
Knitters beware!  The tactile senses of yarn shopping, made me do it...along with 8 other knitters standing nearby, shopping, making encouraging shopping noises, peer pressure for sure...  It was a summer day in Warsaw NY, summer knit camp outing... do you see where I'm going?  The yarn was yummy, and since I had the yearn for yarn, I also had the yearn for a pattern (booklet) that featured that yarn... hence, Finch's Wings was born.  Yet when I opened the booklet, I had other stashed yarn in mind, that I had purchased years before... and now, I'm not totally happy with my choice.  
The pattern looks lovely after blocking, however, to really enjoy it, I will have to crochet a little something around the neckline.  It's a bit too wide, and tends to slip off my shoulders.  And I used up all of the yarn so it will be trimmed with a contrasting complimenting color.
A note about the yarn:
by Regia
Lace / 2 ply
71% Wool, 29% Nylon
656 yards / 100 grams

Link to my Ravelry page HERE.

My expectations of what the colorway would look like surprised me, and not in a good way, but it is what it is, and I think I will learn to like it.  Just not what I expected.

The Pattern:

Meanwhile, the yummy yarn awaits...plenty of nice patterns in the booklet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...