Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Scraps socks

What I need to carry with me for those "down" times: Waiting for appointments, in between gigs when I don't want to go home...
My thrifty nature is satisfied:  It's called stash busting the remnants of other socks.
Combining these two yarns, randomly with purpose, colors are pleasing to me. I haven't found many remnants that I wouldn't accept in pairings. And no pattern except 2x2 ribbing, trading yarns every row or every other row.  When I get to the end of the row, I play genius and decide if I switch or continue.  Since both yarns have many colors, my mood determines what I do next.  I wonder if it will work for two socks...?
Yarns:
Fingering / 4 ply
75% Wool, 18% Nylon, 7% Acrylic
206 yards / 50 grams

Fingering / 4 ply
75% Wool, 25% Nylon
437 yards / 100 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...