Sunday, May 29, 2016

Knitting red


Icterine with my iPad mini for perspective
The Norwegians celebrate the 17th of May with lots of RED, white and blue.  That's why I used all my "free" time to finish and block this shawl.  It's called a CURL, however, mine didn't curl much, and it could have used another 2-3 skeins.  
LOOK at what the blocking did!!  The cables were 8x8 and really thick and bulky until a soak and a stretch produced this great design!  
If you look at the above photo closely, you might notice a bangle and beads in the bottom corner.  I intended to dress it up with a row of these.  It didn't happen, because life goes on, so I might get to it another time.  Should they be placed randomly or along an edge?

The Pattern:  My Ravelry Link

The Yarn:
Sport / 5 ply, 100% Merino   136 yards / 50 grams 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...