Thursday, September 4, 2014

Yummy Yarn

Swans Island seconds with "tonal defects".  I guess I like wool...

Light Fingering / 3 ply
100% Merino
525 yards / 100 grams

Need?  No.  But I just read a bit of Yarn Harlot's book, "Knitting Rules" where she gives 5 reasons to keep a stash.  I feel SO much better.  Especially number... No, all five are equally valid!  
#2 for today:  It's from Maine!  It's sock yarn.  End of subject.

Fingering / 4 ply
80% Merino, 10% Cashmere, 10% Nylon
400 yards / 113 grams

This past summer I witnessed how much wear some of my garments get on a 4-5 year old. The dress I made for her has been worn and washed so much that it really needs to be retired. I was a bit disappointed to see the pilling and shaggy look of it, but my daughter pointed out that it has been worn many times, and in many daily (rough/outdoor) occasions, and washed ad infinitum, and it has every reason to look the way it does. And it is still loved! And worn!! So, I decided I should make a new one. In the same color, to encourage trading out. Here's the purchase, made at Halcyon.
Worsted Merino Superwash Solidsby Plymouth YarnWorsted / 10 ply
100% Merino
218 yards / 100 grams
Impulse?! Yes. Yummy? Yes!!
This is the biggest reason why I shouldn't be in Yarn Shops... I can't resist, let's see, colors, textures, all the senses...
From the time I walked into Webs, I had spied this hanging, Loose-Lady-Like, on the display towards the entrance. I fingered it, and walked around, and an hour later, I picked it up and took it to the counter. Easy! No ideas, specific, that is. I can think of all of creation being made with this yarn!

So I bought 5 skeins, and am hoping for the best.
Fingering / 4 ply
100% Merino, 100% Wool
420 yards
I guess I like Merino.
Go ahead!  Make me an offer!  Better be a good one!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great that your knits are so worn and loved? Many kntters would be jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...