The Story of Two Mittens:
- One mitten (on the left above), knitted, so cool! With thumb, fit perfectly... very proud. Needed a second, but...
- The second was knit within days of the first, yet it was bigger/wider. Too wide.
- Put together, they weren't a pair, nor did I like the way the black showed through between the white stitches. (See below)
- All decorated with duplicate stitch pink, they are sweet, but you'd have to have (really) big hands, especially the left hand...Now the left one above is the right one below.
- There was teeth-gnashing, and an hour later I had (un)raveled the bigger one, on the left below.
- I wanted to make sure the third mitten wasn't too big, so I decreased my needle size (2.5mm to 2.0mm) AND I was firmer with my yarn tension.
- Third one is on the right in the above picture. But what about that wide cuff, you say? Got me... I didn't (un)ravel the cuff from the white stripe. (Boring!!! Who sees the cuff anyway?)
- What I didn't expect was the length to be so diminished, so I'm 3/4 done. Fourth Mitten is in my mind. Dang!! I hope I can get two alike...