Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Nice cuffs!


There was teeth-gnashing over the workshop/class we took in Taos. It seemed to be the only interesting knitting workshop offered so we had ALL levels of knitters. I hoped to get a few tips even though I've done twisted stitches and cabled (without cable needles) traveling stitches before. Here's the first results.
I learned several ways to cable without a needle, and I chose one way for each (right and left leaning) direction.  I hummed right through these.
And now I want to make a cowl;  a cowl that will go with a specific sweater/jacket.  It makes my hands ache to twist those stitches over each other... It's not easy with bulkier yarn.
The above cuffs and cowl pattern:
Carex Cowl by Stephannie Tallent from Sunset Cat Designs
The yarn:  I wish I knew!  I bought it on the fly from Moxie in Taos, NM, and somehow the yarn band disappeared, along with my reader glasses.  That's what happens in motel rooms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...