Monday, April 18, 2011

Keeping Busy

Last Thursday, I found myself a "symphony" widow... hubs is out rehearsing for the weekend concerts. Carmina Burana, which I sang in the 70's with the Norwegian Symphony Chorus, is a favorite.  Haunting melodies, that once you hear them a few times, become so distinctive and unforgettable.  It will be hard to sit and listen.  Hubs has been playing motifs that I sing along to while in the next room.
That day neither of us picked up bread for sandwiches so foccacia made a return.  This time I made a half recipe and used the same pan.  Results:  Yummy!  Flatter, and did I say yummy?
 I warmed a piece in the toaster and drizzled--honey! Oh, my!

2 comments:

  1. I have finally gotten out of my pregnancy fuzz brain and into breastfeeding fuzz brain, but this brain remembered the following things old one has forgotten:

    1. Biggest hugs and happy belated birthday wishes. Hope you had a fantastic day. April is a busy birthday month in out neck of the woods :)

    2. Prize suprise package came in the mail, thank you so much, I got extremely sentimental with the NZ kitchen cloth, cannot wait to skip the next Norwegian winter on the sandy beaches!

    Biggest Hugs
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with Carmina Burana? EVERYONE has been doing this piece for the past year or so. I sang it a little over a year ago - HATED learning it, as did most of my choir compadres (I gently referred to it as "CFB") - but it was a blast to perform with two pianos and a percussion section. I can't say it was a favorite, but it is memorable.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...