Friday, March 4, 2011

Spoiler Alert!

If you are thinking of entering my contests, you might want to think about the following information:
My mittens are not alike.  And for the contest, I intend to have a matching pair.
On the left, I REALLY wanted to use my garnstudio Alpaca.  It's lovely soft.  Then I got this far and was disappointed in the definition of the cupcakes.  Assuming that it's because the "garn" is fuzzy, I decided to try a second mitten with the lovely Valley Yarns Superwash DK.  Although the second one isn't "miles" better than the first, I'm going to continue with it.  The color is lighter, and it has a crisper look to it.  We agreed that if you told someone they are cupcakes, it would be obvious, but otherwise, they are colorful.
 Detail of the rejected mitten:  The bottom (first row of cherries) was knitted with a fluffy, eyelash type of red, and it stuck through the whole row as I carried it behind the other stitches.  It was surprising!  I never thought of that.  I thought it would be perfect for the splash of cherry, but, alas.
I have 12 more days to finish my projects, YOU have 3 more days to enter my contests!
NOTE: The deadline to enter has been extended to Sunday at midnight (MST or GMT+7).

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...cuz fuzzy cherries are never a good idea. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...