Monday, February 21, 2011

Flying with needles

It's fly home time!  Having completed my one project and handing it off, I'm left with my daughter's scarf.  (Seascape)
I'm always eager to fix and complete projects.  I don't have to make any major decisions... just knit.
As soon as I started the first stitch, and I felt how slippery the needles are (good ol' Aero circulars) I started counting the hours until I could get them home to some needles that would grip better.
And the yarn is so... lace-like... I thought I liked lace but the fuzziness of this is peculiar interesting yarn makes it quite the challenge.
History:
My daughter purchased this yarn in Norway to accompany her on her year long-round the world voyage.  First stop, Spain: cast on.  Second stop:  Colorado:  a few rows,  Next:  Pacific Ocean, Australia, Cambodia, Indian Ocean, Dubai, with little or nothing knitted.  Finally after 6 months  it returned to Norway and was knitted on up to the point you see above.
Now it is in my care.  I'm sure she misses it... ??... and it kept me occupied on my flights from Puerto Rico to New Mexico.
Here's it's status:

Yarn: Golden Line Superior by Filatura Di Crosa Lace / 2 ply 70% Cashmere, 30% Silk 25g/330 yards

1 comment:

  1. Lovely scarf! I'd be worried about those slippery needles, too.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...