Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Knitter's Cruise

My knitting of choice:  We spent 4 days on a schooner in Maine... Not a knitter's cruise unless you consider that 8 out of 24 on board were knitters!  I chose socks at the last minute.  Stopped at Wooly Ewe in East Aurora, NY pre-cruise and looked for yarn that would be a muted colorway to do justice to the Sunshine pattern in my favorite book, Sock Innovations.  I renamed the pattern "Windward" to celebrate the cruise.
The Windjammer Sock.
Socks in Lang Aktion and baby sweater by the newest knitter.
Dog bones for the Doggy sweater.
More socks finished.
Our own "Cookie" whipped out a hat and began another hat from the "not just socks" book.
Lots of knitting was completed:
And there were lots of happy sailors!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so much fun! I am so envious as I'm from Maine originally and there's nothing like knitting on or by the water.....thus, my blog name "Knitting By The Ocean". Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how much fun that was! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...