Tuesday, October 28, 2014

the Rest of the Story

I tried!  Didn't WANT to unravel the top, so did my "fix it" trick.  
Pulled out the eaten hole area, see previous blog, knitted rows in pattern, and kitchener'ed the top and bottom together.  Below, you see the repair, and a noticeable row of kitchener.  Not sure if the kitchener stitches look that way because I twisted them, or if it's the twisted/untwisted re-used yarn.  I feel a definite ridge on the wrong side which makes me think I wasn't holding it correctly.  And I, especially, am not good at doing the reverse kitchener on the purl ribs...

Below is what the front looks like that was not damaged on the skirt.  

So, being the semi-perfectionist I unraveled the back from the top, and pulled out the kitchener stitches.
It's a good thing knitting is therapeutic!
With today's appointment, I expect to get in a half hour of knitting. :)

Monday, October 27, 2014

Good news, bad news (again)

First the BAD, BAD news. 
New dog, happy little girl doggie, one year old.
Second knit item attacked, and second circular needle severed.
This is the crime scene when I arrived home after being away for 6 hours.  

I didn't learn from the past incident, obviously, that all things knit need to be in plastic tubs.  She enjoys the feel of knitting, and that crunchy cable must be seductive.  

I understand!  I love the feel and the crispness of the cable and needles, but two Addi's are halved.  This one, the cable is severed in the middle meaning I can still use it as a straight needle for small projects, in a pinch.

The good news:  I felt I needed a reward after incident #1, and I purchased this lovely set of Symphonie Dreamz, which I have coveted since this summer when I purchased a single.  THESE are going to be protected from my dog's alter-ego!

No dogs were hurt in the process.  Shamed? YES!! 

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Bad dog!

Bad dog, and she doesn't even look guilty....  Found my blanket on the floor with a chewed apart Addi, and an almost chewed apart Dreamz.  It's hanging together by barely a thread!  Hope it will last (hopefully forever) or until I go round and round again and again.  No damage to the blanket itself, and it happened when I had two circular needles with picked up stitches all around the outer edge.

We have a "new" dog.  She's a shelter dog, and one year old.  Very nice but she likes to chew anything but her chew toy/bone.  How frustrating is that?
Her face is so dark, she looks cute when you see the whites of her eyes.
Hard to be upset with her, but...

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Diversion Socks

You beautiful colors, melting into each other, soft, strong,...  Can I make you last forever?

I'm stalling so that my knit class can follow along on the heel, but, alas, knit class, you are taking your time with sweet tomato heel, and I fear you'll never try out a heel flap.  You would think that 10 hours over a month would be sufficient, but time is running out, and I can't keep these out of my hands (even though I have five other projects beckoning).  

Pattern: Diversion by Kirsten Hall from Knitty, Winter 2009

Yarn: Hand-dye Effect by Regia,Light Fingering / 3 ply, 70% Wool, 25% Nylon, 5% Acrylic, 459 yards / 100 grams

Monday, September 29, 2014

Around we go, and where we stop...

Yes, that is to be expected of a blanket.  The center tree section is finished, and the first braid border is finished...  Not big enough for a "curl up on the sofa" blanket, so I imagine the two (intended) borders will be added.  I like!

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weaving done

It's a long process, but SOMEONE has to do it!!  
Here's the first weft going in, and it was only after the second or third towel that I realized that the hem, done in a thinner thread (linen) became wider than the waffle weave.  Not sure why, but my guess is that waffle weave just puckers more!  

Then there is the end of the warp... such pretty colors... and I finally used the main warp color (teal) to make a little mat in almost plain weave.  I fooled around with the weaving, and created all sorts of tweeds.
And the final three.  Thirsty towels!
I wish I had stopped to order more of the teal, and make one in that.  But, alas, another time.
Or not!  I'm hoping I'll come up with something I can make with my knitting yarn stash.

Can't imagine using them.  Can't imagine gifting them.  But time will tell!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...