Friday, October 7, 2016

Two days of sewing


Sewing?  Yes...I remember quite a bit of eye rolling as I mentioned that we were going to a kilt maker... And above, there she is, Marion, helping this man who was patiently enjoying retirement while he fussed and basted dozens of pleats.  There were four other kilt students, sewing real kilts.
She does repairs, and gives lessons.
And amazing colors and designs emerge.

Here's Ella from the Toronto area working on a kilt for daughter who plays the pipes.
Huge expanses of tartans.  A feast of color with a feast of Autumn out the window.
Pattie and I are striving for the cushion covers...that's all we could manage in two days.


Someday, I will finish and show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...