Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blanket weaving

Trying to do the impossible: Create a wedding gift that young things will like/use and have meaning.  So here is the beginning of "Sisterdale".  Sisterdale happens to be the place where the wedding will happen, so when I saw the name, I thought immediately of them.
There are woven panels, which I just finished.  Then they are crocheted together, and given a knitted edging.  The edging will be the boring never-ending part....
Gift in progress.
Today is the day I'm going to cut the panels.  Fingers crossed. I have all morning to do this, and then I have a (totally unrelated) wedding to play this afternoon.  First time I've played a church wedding in years!  Times are changing...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful so far!
    Lucky couple, I bet they cherish the gift.
    Can't wait to see you in 2+ weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...