Saturday, February 14, 2015

My feet are cold...

Isn't that what happens?  Your feet are chilled one evening, and you find yourself pouring over slipper patterns...
Or somehow, you are looking at methods to bind off and you see a slipper pattern that...darn, my feet are cold, I need that NOW!

Don't be alarmed.  A rat didn't creep into my photo just as I clicked... 

It's a doggie foot.  Yes, the dreaded yarn eating dog...  She's a good dog, but, she's pushing me.  Yesterday, I left the room for an instant-- I tell you, AN INSTANT-- and when I came back there was a sock with a severed toe.  (Someday I'll rework that toe, and it will show up in a blog post of its own.)

I digress...
I had the yarn, and I whipped up this "Kwiki Slipper", twice. The first time, the heel was so low, it was impossible to believe it would stay on my foot.  I used, Puno yarn from Rauma, which is bulky and soft, yet by the time you stretch it onto (my) foot, it doesn't seem thick enough to be a slipper.  It's lovely with other socks. Slipper number two:  Maybe tomorrow.

by Rauma  Bulky / 12 ply
68% Alpaca, 22% Nylon, 10% Merino
120 yards / 50 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...