Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Europa Crescent

Indeed, it doesn't look like much until...
The blocking!  No fibers were touched by an iron.  Just wet blocked with pins at the points.  The inner edge held its own without the help of pinning.  A perfect crescent.
I love the color, the crescent shape (it hugs my shoulders), and it's soft.
The nupps are a disappointment, but I've forgotten the angst they created a few weeks ago... and I forgive them.  They are what they are.  

The pattern: Europa  by Kieran Foley  from knit/lab
The yarn: Angel lace by QuilteHuset Lace / 2 ply 70% Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere, 1312 yards / 100 grams  (Used 49 grams, like spiderweb silk!)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    Much more vibrant than Europa 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely. I understand your reaction to the nupps. Kind of like getting our kids to eat brocolli. I used to tell them - Eat it today and if you don't like it you never have to eat it again. Same with Mupps, it seems.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...