Thursday, February 13, 2014

Socks... Stripes!

Looking back at a previous blog post, I wrote:  "Next: Stripey Socks".
And here they are.
Of course, I don't NEED more sock yarn, but this tangled me up and threw me to the ground, so I bought it...
In the little city of Steinkjer, Norway, I found myself in some of the same yarn shops I visited 5 years ago!  That's about as often as you'll see me in Steinkjer.  It has excellent train connections to the rest of the world, so let me know if you'd like directions!
Remember, it's cold outside, and I just liked the looks and feel of this yarn.
 Knitted with a 3.0 mm needle, which is larger than my usual socks, I made good progress and unexpectedly finished the first pair before leaving. (Truth:  I sewed in the last bind-off 5 minutes before going out the door to catch the bus to the airport.  No worries!)
I knitted these toe-up, with a gusset heel by Wendy.  My new favorite pattern for socks.  And I've cast on (twice) for matching little girl socks.  They are the perfect weight for Norwegian wear.  Not so much for New Mexico...

1 comment:

  1. Am I reading that right - a little city with multiple yarn shops? How wonderful is that. I LOVE those colours too. I can see why you were captivated.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...