Saturday, September 22, 2012

Collar

I haven't finished the sleeves...they need a try-on before proceeding, so I went back to the collar. It uses three beads every other row. Can you see them between the rows of cables?  A little tricky to handle beads in the car, so as we were 'resting' in South Carolina, I added a few rows, between sock knitting. The collar is knitted separately and attached around the neckline.  ....I have less than two weeks to get this done.  It (the collar) is officially over the one-third mark, but taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r--…. Hopefully assembly will be quick, and blocking. And... Whatever else needs to be done. Knitting in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
I hear... Insects, chirping up a storm.  The voices of my uncle and aunt in the next room. It's great having them here.  Easy people to talk to, and my only relatives outside of my immediate family. I'm glad we made this trip to connect for a few days.
And can you imagine how much I appreciate my life-long friend?  She took a family vacation with my family, and will spend two extra days with my uncle and aunt--in a car--letting them visit friends--hope they all survive!  I love them all!

1 comment:

  1. That is a ture friend. Glad to hear your vacation is still going well.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...