Friday, November 11, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

The two gifts are packed away and on their way to WNY.  Of course, there's still the queasiness of wondering if they will fit.  Suddenly, I don't really know how old these 'babies' are... Did I miss a birthday or two?  I should pay more attention.
That aside, I finished them in the 3 days as planned:
Blue Bonnet
Size 12/18 months
Pattern: b18-21 Bonnet in rib in ”Alpaca” by DROPS design from BabyDROPS 18  
Yarn:  (Confession time)  I'm not sure what the blue is.  It was given to me by someone who used to knit, and it appears to be either Rauma BabyUll, or Sandnes Lanett.  Either way, it's a fingering weight, and I used 3mm needles.  The contrasting pink is definitely: Hand Dyed, 50% superwash Merino Wool, 25% Superfine Alpaca, 25% Nylon, 438 yards/100 grams.  It's very soft.  I LIKE!
Boat Ride Sweater
 Q-test Buttons!  Interesting rib pattern on the top and bottom.
Rows 1 and 2: knit
Rows 3 and 4: 1x1 ribbing.
Size 24 months.
Pattern:  Boat Ride by Grace Alexander from Creative Knitting, July 2010 
Yarn:  RYC Cotton Jeans by Rowan, Worsted / 10 ply, 100% Cotton 82 yards/50 grams.
Now, what to do finish!???  Any guesses?
By the way, a few weeks ago I thought about having a prize give-away for the 10,000th page view of this blog.  Pretty impressive number, though I don't know statistically if it's good or bad. Today, I've had 10,022 so I missed the milestone.  And I'm not tech savvy enough to look for who number 10,000 was.  So, officially, I would like to thank everyone for looking in!  Happy November, 2011.  My two-year blog-iversary is coming up soon!  That's a lot of time blogging... good or bad?  I could have been KNITTING!

1 comment:

  1. For 2 years 10000+ page view is more then good, it's awesome! Keep on the good work, we like to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...