Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Knitting

& Sewing!
Can you believe it?  Once or twice a year, I get it in my mind that I'm a seamstress.  I used to be before the current decade of knitting infected me.
Last year it was a quilt that is hibernating in a box.  But before I finish that, I thought I'd make a stab at doll-making.  When my daughter was a little girl, I made all sorts of things.
Topsy Turvy Doll

A blonde and a brunette sharing the same body

I even have the leftovers of one of my favorite outfits.  The jumper (tunic) is long gone, but I still love that fabric.
With a gold thread...

My daughter (the creative starter) passed this one along to me a year or so ago.  She did such a great job on the skirt
Inside out:

Here goes my attempt.
I have a pattern made for the upper part of the dress, both sides.
We need more dolls as much as we "need" more sweaters.
I'm still poking along on my Pink Powell Pullover.  I added an "owl" to one sleeve to break the boredom of seed stitch.  I used black yarn for the eyes, but then found I couldn't hide the ends without them showing through the seed stitch.  So I used them as part of the outline, looking a little more like wings.  (Discuss!)
Owl on sleeve:  Black eyes, and black along sides
Maybe I need to outline it more. (I think it's obvious in real life...but not so much in this picture.)
And I'm rather excited about the look and feel of the tri-color cardigan.  Pattern and yarn purchased in Auckland last October.  I tell you, shop owners, make up a sample, and 'they will sell'.  It's going to be darling!!
The back - Tri Color Cardigan in two tiers

So much to do!  I think I'll take a nap...teehee

1 comment:

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...