Monday, August 29, 2011

Jogless Stripes

It seems "we" don't use stripes, as in alternating colored yarns, enough to keep methods in the brain.  After yet another discussion, I thought I'd share this that just came to my attention from Knitting Daily today.

Here's a great method for working stripes in the round and avoiding the jog.  Jogless Stripes: When knitting stripes in the round, one of the downfalls is the jump in color where one round transitions to the next. Knit one round in the new color. At the beginning of the next round, insert the right needle tip into the left leg of the stitch in the row below the first stitch of the round (old color stitch) and place this stitch on the left-hand needle (figure 1). Knit this stitch together with the first stitch of the next round to raise the color of the previous round to the height of the new round (figure 2). Do this at the beginning of every round that involves a color change.
          
    
Figure 1
Figure 2
Here's the full Knitting Daily Blog on the subject, plus patterns.

So simple it's hard to believe it can be forgotten!! LOL

I DO believe that these things go in spurts:  I'll go a year or more and not make stripes with separate yarns, then it seems I'm doing it ALL the time.
I thought I was doing it correctly by slipping the stitch but this proves it's not so nice.

And  here's my attempt at fixing it.
I have two other stripes I "could" fix farther down. We'll see how I feel when I get around to that point again...

       

          

1 comment:

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...