Sunday, August 7, 2011

Half A Pair

Socks... gotta luv 'em.
They are so cool, to knit, to transport, to wear;  too bad they come in pairs.  I know the solution, or quasi-solution:  Knit two-at-a-time.  I like to do that BUT there goes a degree of their transportability:  Two sources of yarn, twice as much hanging on the needles... I usually knit just one at a time to carry with me.
Here's my newest triumph:
 Cute little tie in the back!  Surprised me, because I didn't notice it in the picture of the pattern.

Pattern:  #29 Lace Socks by Star Athena from Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2009;
Yarn:  Regia Design Line Hand-dye Effect by Kaffe Fassett by Schachenmayr nomotta  Light Fingering / 3 ply 70% Wool, 25% Nylon, 5% Acrylic, 459 yards
I really like the pattern, and I love the colors of the yarn.  The fiber is a bit rough, but my foot doesn't seem to mind!  One more sock to go.  Will the colors line up the same?  Should I try?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Don't be ocd and worry about the matching colors. You'll have to wear them with a skirt or shorts so the cute little bow will show. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did you start that sock????

    it is realy lovely

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...