Sunday, April 3, 2011

My time

My time with my knitting is the theme of Day 7.  How can I put this mildly and still sound like an intelligent human being?  My best knitting is when I sit at the computer 'watching', and I use the word loosely, my soap.  Days of our Lives is something I've followed for years.  At first it was only on Fridays.  I would tape it on Fridays and watch it whenever.  Then I retired and looked in on it a little more frequently.  It goes nowhere, so even though I miss a week or so (or more) I don't feel like I've missed anything.  And the best part of it, they talk so much, and repeat everything, I don't have to look at the screen.  I watch/listen online because I'm constantly behind in episodes, and it's a great pasttime.  I 'heart' Victor's wit.  I think he's my favorite character.  And I marvel that many of the women have been married to the same two men in the show.  The only time I am surprised is when I haven't been following it and a new person arrives, usually as one of the old characters.  A new face and an old name!  Very clever.
Well, there it is... for all to see.  My knitting time:  50 minutes a day, if I can get it!


I know!  This is as good as it gets!!

1 comment:

  1. I've never watched soaps, but I know that one has been going on for a very long time. I like knitting in silence or with quiet instrumental music playing...I make fewer mistakes that way.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...