Monday, March 21, 2011

Half a dress FO

That's right, I knitted half a dress and I'm done!
Yes, an outgrown little dress, worn at her first birthday party, has been extended by removing the bodice.
Pattern:  Picot Dress by Debbie Bliss from Special Knits: 22 Gorgeous Handknits for Babies and Toddlers;   Yarn: Pima Cotton & Silk Hand Paint by Misti Alpaca DK / 8 ply 83% Cotton, 17% Silk, 327 yards
The original:
The ultimate in thriftiness... I've been cleaning out, and struggling with "heirlooms".  Instead of languishing over this little knit, which has seen better days I recycled.  It's been washed, and washed, and faded in the sun, yet, a great skirt of stockinette called out to me.  Who wants to knit endless stockinette?   I cut off the top, and unraveled a few rows of the skirt to add more stitches.  I even decided the buttons could be used again.  Birthday number two is coming up this summer.

1 comment:

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...