Friday, December 3, 2010

Pas de Valse - WIP

After a false start, where I realized that my gauge was OK but the size was not, I've been chugging along on my Pas de Valse wrap.  I'll call it a wrap, however, it's a cousin to the cardigan.  I love the chocolate color, and to-date have completed this:
I'm surprised by this picture, because the over-sized collar doesn't show up. The pins inside the edge of the garment outline the collar.  (It's 50 stitches big!)
If you click on the image, you might get a bit more detail and see the collar.  It's knitted at the same time.  And here's a detail of the bottom.
Pattern:  Pas de Valse  Yarn:  Silky Wool by Elsebeth Lavold DK / 8 ply 45% Wool, 35% Silk, 20% Nylon
Meanwhile, I've given up trying to finish in time for Christmas, and gone on to other smaller projects.  I can do them ALL!  This doesn't mean that my Pas de Valse is put away... It just has it's time, along with
wrist warmers, advent socks, slippers, toddler dress...

1 comment:

  1. I really thought the advent socks were all done and you were using archived pics to show them...it took me 2-3 years to do the cross stitch ornaments for Sarah's advent calendar. The kids still use it.

    is the chocolate sweater for you? lovely!!!

    I'm doing cup/mug cosies for one of the knitting groups, and socks for Sandra-those are my only Christmas projects, both have deadlines before the 25th.

    knit on!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...