Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Knitting

Remember last week when I listed all of my "Startitis" projects?  I showed such restraint on Sunday... I bought yarn 3 years ago from a vendor at a summer festival.  I think it's the most beautiful colorway of blues with a hint of green, and it's one of those things that I couldn't bear to knit up for fear that I would waste it on something.

Sorry about the over-exposed picture...

It's this summer's yarn crawl that inspired me to think beyond the 90-100º temps and lust after a yummy cowl to go with my favorite jacket...  and I thought of all the yarn I passed by recently and knew that I already had the perfect yarn.
I pulled it out last week, wound a ball, and then...  I put a few parameters on it.  
I've been knitting on a pair of socks since the beginning of July.  It's a 12 States pair of socks.  I began in NY.  Took it to MA, NH, ME, VT, IL, NM, CO, UT, ID, MT, and WY and finally it was sitting on my sofa in NM again, with little more than a toe to knit.
Here's one of the tours, with fudge in the background.













I snatched it up, 
watched Speed of Life:

And I was ready to cast on in the morning.  
I decided on Cat Bordhi's Moebius Cowl, and I was finished by evening!
It was late... and I couldn't resist getting my wool jacket out for a shot!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely little Mobe, though you're a braver woman than I to get out a wool jacket in this summer of scorching heat. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...