After carrying my bamboo socks trans-Atlantic a few times, and being very poorly inspired to knit socks with the same yarn for the 3rd pair,
Bamboo socks timeline:
- Cast on, July 5, 2009, in a fit of boredom.
- Carry in bag or purse, just in case of boredom on trans-Atlantic flights.
- Carry other more interesting projects.
- Finish toe, start a cool self-created yo design.
- Take it out once a month, try to re-create self-created yo design.
- Hurry through short-row heel (March), so it will be ready for more boredom moments on trans-Atlantic flight.
- Notice that self-created cool yo design seems to twist to the right.
- Tell myself it will be fine...just a pair of boredom socks...
- Hurry through ribbed cuff (May), so second sock will be ready for more boredom... (see #6)
- Find other patterns and yarn I would rather knit. (See Ravelry.)
- Bind off. (June) One sock completed.
Stage (sock) two:
- Due to a mother's concern, seeing her daughter with thong-type birkenstocks, and no socks... mother suggests maybe daughter would like a second pair of split-toe socks.
- Wheels turn: Intend to cut off the toe of finished sock and finish as split-toe.
- Cast on big toe and large toe cap with intention of creating matching sock.
- Toe sections finished, start to re-create self-created cool yo design.
- After 5 rows, unsuccessfully re-create yo design, or maybe it just isn't so cool anymore.
- Frog and find REALLY cool printed pattern!
- Almost to cuff ribbing!
- Goal: To finish before July 5, 2010 making them the "One Year Socks".
Name that pattern...anyone?
There's a very good chance that these socks will not match...