Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lace Tunic

Let's not get excited;  I'm not finished, not by a long shot!  But it looks like I'll make my May 25th deadline!
An hour after I posted yesterday's blog, bad mouthing the delivery of my toys, they showed up at the door. And I got to work... more knitting, and soaking one of the round pieces (front or back). 
Progress:  I learned that wires are great for stretching out lace.
And that it takes time to thread the wire through to make it even.
It made me look carefully at my work too!
If you click on the picture you should be able to spot at least one place where I'll have to do a little repair.
But overall, I'm very excited!  This is the prettiest part of the tunic.  Although I'm kinda glad that there's some straight stockinette on the sleeves.  I can knit and talk again!
Oooo. Lace tunic over a black bathing suit!  In a month you'll get to see it!

1 comment:

  1. oooh it looks beautiful! I better get to work on a diet so I can do it justice, certainly if you think you're going to post any pictures of it modeled with a bathing suit... eek!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...