Friday, April 23, 2010

More babies in the family

I'm excited at the prospect of more babies in the family.  A niece gave birth to a grandniece earlier this month.  I haven't seen any pictures yet, but Miss Z has a bonnet on needles.  I've made so many of them, and they work so well, that I expect to have it done in 2-3 days, while working on another project.
The bonnet I can almost do in my sleep:


The bonnet/hood stays on the baby, covers ears, and stays put when baby turns her head.  I think it's a great pattern.  This one is the 5th bonnet I've made in a year. (Good thing I have Ravelry to rely on or I wouldn't be able to verify that fact.)

The Lace Tunic takes enormous concentration.  They are fine projects to alternate.
I have to look at every stitch, every row, every section...

I was surprised tonight when I got to row 68 and I was binding off half the stitches.  Since I STILL haven't learned to read ahead... it came as a surprise!
Yummy color, too.  Perfect for Spain!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...