Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ready or Not



For the past month, I've been planning the perfect Christmas, expecting guests from Norway any day now.  Being semi-retired, and having so much time on my hands, I guess the dreaming got out of hand--reality is hitting hard.  I'm hoping to accomplish at least one project:  24 knitted socks for Advent.  See?  I haven't even gotten anything up on the wall, and it's already Day 9!  I'm a slacker... but I have a little person to smile at every day, and people visiting, and places to go, and music to practice and organize.



Here's what my Christmas socks look like this morning... grrr.  Something is going up today!  I have numbers on 1-7 and 3 without numbers.  That puts me even with tomorrow.  Needless to say, there have been no Advent surprises yet.  I'm just lucky that a 5 month old makes her own surprises every day.


"Even though I'm gritting my teeth so hard that you could crack diamonds between them...I like knitting, I think it's fun, and I really am relaxing."  Stephanie Pearl-McFee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...