Friday, December 4, 2009

Baby needs....


Baby needs a new... bonnet!  Baby, it's COLD outside.  With our evenings turning to the teens, my knitting is put to the test:  My third baby bonnet is complete.  Tonight my granddaughter, unwillingly went out after dark.  She's here from Norway, 5 months old, and resisting the adjustment to our time zone.  Tonight we tried to push a few more hours towards MST, but the cold snap has us wondering why we have to roam around at the river's edge, following a trail of paper bags glowing with candles.  One reason is to hear the carols and the Trumpet Geezers; another is to visit with friends; hot chocolate isn't bad either, in fact that's a necessity!  It really is beautiful:  the city has bonfires for warmth, but babies adjusting to time zones don't care about those things.  


Three days ago I went to Ravelry and looked up the yarn, needles and number of stitches cast on so I could recreate the Lilac Bonnet I made for my granddaughter when she was 2 months old.  Now at 5 months, I bound off a little earlier than I anticipated to make tonight's deadline.  She wore it proudly, with warm head and ears, carried up and down the river's edge, trying to sleep.  We met several people who know her mother, so we were stopped and she looked out from the warmth of her mama's chest wondering about the craziness, and probably enjoying the exclamations of the adults at her perfect-ness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...